Odaiba Seaside Park is a man-made park in the Odaiba area of Tokyo, Japan. The park offers stunning views of the city skyline and is a popular attraction for both locals and tourists. The park was opened in 1996 and has since become a must-see spot for those visiting Tokyo.
Key Take Aways
- Great night views of the rainbow bridge and city center.
- Surrounded by Daiba Park
- Beach volleyball tournaments are often played here
- The Odaiba Beach is also home to a replica of the Statue of Liberty from France and an observation deck
- The Yurikamome Line, Rinkai Line, and water buses are great for sightseeing Tokyo Bay and the surrounding Odaiba area.
- Often used as a filming location for TV dramas.
The park is situated on the southern shore of Tokyo Bay and can be easily accessed by train. It is a three-minute walk from Odaiba Kaihin Koen Station or Daiba Station on the Shinkotsu Yurikamome Line. You can also get to the park directly via the water bus from Asakusa and elsewhere.
Odaiba Seaside Park offers activities and attractions. In addition to the stunning views of the city, the park also features a beach, a statue of liberty, and shops and restaurants.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day at the beach or a fun-filled day of activities, Odaiba Seaside Park has Something to interest all.
Odaiba Seaside Park is situated in the Minato ward of Tokyo, Japan. The park is across the bay from downtown Tokyo and is easily accessible via various modes of transportation. You can reach the park by train, water bus, on foot across the Rainbow Bridge, or as part of a guided tour of the city.
Two train stations are within walking distance of the park: Odaiba Kaihin Koen Station and Daiba Station. If you prefer to travel by water, you can take a water bus from Asakusa and elsewhere. The park is also easily accessible on foot, as it is just across the Rainbow Bridge from downtown Tokyo.
Once you arrive at the park, you’ll be greeted with stunning views of Tokyo Bay and the Rainbow Bridge. The park is situated on a manmade island and features natural water and greenery, as well as futuristic scenery such as the Fuji Television Building and urban resort hotels.
The park itself is surrounded by a quiet cove, which is home to the Odaiba Marine Park. This section of the park offers sandy beaches, rocky shores, and marine life. Whether you’re looking to relax on the beach, go for a swim, or simply take in the views, Odaiba Seaside Park should be on your to-do-list for both all.
A Quick Note On The Japan Rail Pass Price Hike
The price of the wonderful Japan Rail Pass is going up a massive 62% in October but there’s still time to lock in the old rates if you’re quick. Klook still offers the old prices so if you buy before September 30th you can travel with the old prices until December 28th, 2023.
The Park is a popular tourist spot in Tokyo, and for good reason. It offer attractions that cater to people of all ages and interests. Here are a few of the top attractions to check out:
- Manmade Beach: The park’s manmade beach is a must-visit attraction. Not only does it offer stunning views of Tokyo Bay, but it’s also a great place to relax and soak up the sun.
- Liberty Statue: The Liberty Statue at Marine Park is a replica of the Statue of Liberty in New York City. It’s a popular spot for taking photos and enjoying the views of Tokyo Bay.
- Odaiba Marine Park: The park’s Marine Park has sand and rocks surrounding a quiet cove that spreads out beside Daiba Park (Battery #3). It’s a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
- Rainbow Bridge: The Rainbow Bridge is a stunning suspension bridge that connects Odaiba to the rest of Tokyo. It’s particularly impressive after dark when it’s lit up in a rainbow of colors.
Here are a few of the top things to do in the park:
- Beach sports: The 800-meter-long beach is perfect for sports enthusiasts. You can take part in beach volleyball tournaments or simply enjoy a game of frisbee with friends and family.
- Water activities: The park offers a range of water activities such as fishing, and boating. You can rent a boat and explore the bay or try their hand at fishing in the designated areas. Note the due to water quality it is not recommended to swim in the water.
- Walking and jogging: The park has a well-maintained walking and jogging track that gives you a scenic view of the bay. It’s a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the beautiful surroundings.
- Cycling: You can rent a bike and explore the park on two wheels. The park has a designated cycling track that gives you a safe and enjoyable ride for all ages.
- Annual events: The Lantern Festival is an annual event that takes place in July. You can enjoy the beautiful lantern displays and participate in various cultural activities.
Other notable features of the park include an 11-meter-tall, nine-ton replica of the Statue of Liberty. You can take photos with the statue and enjoy the stunning view of the bay. There are also shopping and dining options nearby, making it a perfect destination for a day out with family and friends.
Overall, Odaiba Seaside Park offers a wide range of activities that cater to the interests of all visitors. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day at the beach or an action-packed adventure, the park has Something to interest all.
Food and Drink
The Park is not just a beautiful park with stunning views, it also offers food and drink options those. Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a sit-down meal, you will find something to satisfy your cravings.
If you are in the mood for some Japanese cuisine, head to Oshima Odaiba Branch. This restaurant offers dishes, including sushi, tempura, and grilled fish. The prices are reasonable, and the food is delicious. Another great option is Sakura Japanese Restaurant, which is in the Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba hotel. Here, you can enjoy traditional Japanese dishes like soba noodles and katsu curry while taking in the stunning views of Tokyo Bay.
For those who want to enjoy a drink with a view, there are several bars and cafes in the park. The Grand Cafe in the Grand Pacific Le Daiba hotel is a great spot to enjoy a cocktail or a cup of coffee while taking in the views of Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Bay. Another option is Cafe de Miki with Hello Kitty, which is in the DiverCity Tokyo Plaza. Here, you can enjoy a cute Hello Kitty-themed drink while admiring the views of the park.
Palette Town is a great option for any shopper in Odaiba. This large shopping and entertainment complex is split into several areas, and you’ll find a huge number of fashion stores and fine restaurants. If you’re looking for the latest trends, this is the place to go.
Aquacity Odaiba is another shopping mall that you don’t want to miss. Featuring various stores, boutiques, restaurants, cafes, and a cinema complex, it’s a shopper’s dream. The fifth floor houses a ramen food theme park where you can try different ramen from all over Japan. Don’t forget to check out the rooftop garden for a stunning view of the Rainbow Bridge and Tokyo Bay.
If you’re looking for unique souvenirs, head to VenusFort. This shopping mall is modeled after a medieval European town and features over 160 shops. You’ll find items, including traditional Japanese crafts, anime merchandise, and more.
Lastly, don’t forget to stop by the Decks Tokyo Beach shopping mall. Located on the fourth floor, you’ll find stores selling everything from clothing to electronics. You can also find restaurants and cafes to grab a bite to eat after a long day of shopping.
Here’s a few of the most popular hotels near Odaiba Seaside Park.
|Hotel Name||Distance from Park||Rating|
|The Celestine Tokyo Shiba||1.2 miles||8.8/10|
|Sotetsu Grand Fresa Tokyo-Bay Ariake||1.5 miles||8.8/10|
|Hotel Villa Fontaine Grand Tokyo Ariake||0.8 miles||8.4/10|
|Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba||1.4 miles||8.6/10|
There are several ways to get to the park, including monorail, train, bus, and foot. The easiest and fastest way is by taking one of the following modes of transportation:
- Monorail: The Yurikamome Line is a driverless train that connects Shimbashi Station to Toyosu Station, passing through Odaiba Seaside Park. The journey takes around 15 minutes and costs 320 yen.
- Train: The Rinkai Line is a driverless train that connects Osaki Station to Shin-Kiba Station, passing through Odaiba Seaside Park. The journey takes around 20 minutes and costs 320 yen.
- Bus: There are several bus routes that go to Odaiba Seaside Park, including the Odaiba Rainbow Bus and Km Flower Bus. These buses connect Shinagawa and Tamachi stations to Odaiba Seaside Park via the Rainbow Bridge. The journey takes around 20-30 minutes and costs 220-300 yen.
- Water Bus: The Tokyo Water Bus is a great way to reach Odaiba Seaside Park from Asakusa and elsewhere. The Mizube Cruise Line travels from Asakusa on the Sumida River via Ryogoku to Odaiba Seaside Park. The journey takes around 1 hour and costs 1200 yen.
Once you arrive at Odaiba Seaside Park, there are several ways to get around the park. You can rent a bicycle or a Segway, or simply walk around and enjoy the views. The park is also wheelchair accessible, with ramps and elevators available for those with mobility issues.
The Sum Up
Odaiba Seaside Park is a gem of a destination that combines natural beauty with modern design. It’s a perfect place to relax, unwind, and take in the sights and sounds of Tokyo. So, make sure to add it to your itinerary the next time you’re in the city!
|Park Name||Odaiba Seaside Park
|Park Address||1-5-5 Daiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo|
|Park Facilities||Jogging course|
|Statue of Liberty||Waterfront Bus Terminal||Waterfront|
|Sandy beach in the park||Boardwalk||DECKS Tokyo|
|Rocky beach||Windsurfer||Anchor objet d’art|
|Marine House (1F Beachside Cafe, 2F Hawaiian Restaurant Bar, 3F Observation Plaza)||Restrooms||Guide map of the park|