Odaiba is a man-made island located in Tokyo Bay, Japan. It is a popular tourist destination that offers a unique blend of modern entertainment and shopping experiences, along with stunning views of the city skyline.
In this guide, we’ll look at the best things to do in Odaiba, including visiting the Gundam statue, exploring the waterfront area, and enjoying the panoramic views from the top of the Fuji TV building.
You will also find tips on how to get around the island, where to stay, and where to find the best food and shopping experiences.
Getting to Odaiba
Odaiba is a man-made island located in Tokyo Bay, which is connected to the mainland by several bridges and tunnels. Here are some ways to get to Odaiba:
The easiest and most convenient way to get to Odaiba is by train. The Yurikamome Line is a driverless train that connects Shimbashi Station in Tokyo to Odaiba. The train offers a scenic view of Tokyo Bay and stops at several stations in Odaiba, including Daiba, Odaiba-kaihinkoen, and Tokyo Teleport.
Another train option is the Rinkai Line, which connects Osaki Station to Shin-Kiba Station with stops at several stations in Odaiba, including Tokyo Teleport and Kokusai-Tenjijo.
There are several bus routes that operate in Odaiba, including the Tokyo Bay Shuttle, which connects Tokyo Station and Odaiba. The bus also stops at several popular attractions in Odaiba, including Aqua City, Odaiba Seaside Park, and Palette Town.
By Water Taxi
If you want a unique experience, you can take a water taxi to Odaiba. The water taxi operates between Hinode Pier and Odaiba Seaside Park and offers a stunning view of Tokyo Bay.
Things to Do in Odaiba
Odaiba is a popular destination in Tokyo with plenty of things to keep you busy. Here are some of the top things to do in Odaiba:
- TeamLab Borderless Digital Art Museum: This is a unique museum that features various digital art installations that are interactive and immersive. Visitors can walk through different rooms and experience the art in a new way.
- Legoland Discovery Centre: This is a great place to take kids. It has various Lego-themed rides, activities, and exhibits.
- Aqua City Odaiba: This is a shopping mall that has a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. It also has an indoor amusement park and a cinema.
- Odaiba Statue of Liberty: This is a replica of the Statue of Liberty in New York City. It is a popular spot for taking photos and enjoying the views of Tokyo Bay.
- Odaiba Gundam Statue: This is a large statue of a Gundam robot from the popular anime series. It is a popular spot for taking photos and is especially impressive at night when it is lit up.
- Fuji TV Building: This is a unique building that houses the offices and studios of Fuji Television. Visitors can take a tour of the building and see some exhibits on popular TV programs.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Odaiba. Visitors can also enjoy other attractions like the Tokyo Joypolis indoor amusement park, and the Rainbow Bridge which offers beautiful views of Tokyo Bay.
Overall, Odaiba is a great place to visit for those looking for a mix of entertainment, shopping, and sightseeing. Visitors can easily spend a whole day or more exploring the various attractions on the island.
More: Things To Do In Odaiba
Shopping in Odaiba
Odaiba is known for its excellent shopping options, ranging from high-end luxury brands to unique Japanese souvenirs. Here are some of the best shopping destinations in Odaiba:
Palette Town is a massive shopping and entertainment complex that houses several shopping malls, including Venus Fort, which is famous for its European-inspired architecture and high-end fashion brands. The complex also includees a Ferris wheel, and a large arcade.
AQUA CiTY Odaiba
The huge AQUA CiTY Odaiba is a shopping mall that offers a wide range of shopping options, including fashion, beauty, and lifestyle stores. The mall also has a food court and several restaurants that offer a variety of cuisines, including Japanese, Italian, and French.
DECKS Tokyo Beach
DECKS Tokyo Beach is a shopping complex that is designed to look like a seaside village. The complex includes several shopping malls, a movie theater, and a large food court. The mall also has a unique attraction called Tokyo Trick Art Museum, which features 3D art installations that visitors can interact with.
DiverCity Tokyo Plaza
The DiverCity Tokyo Plaza is a shopping mall that is famous for its life-size Gundam statue, which attracts Gundam fans from all over the world. The mall offers a variety of shopping options, including fashion, beauty, and souvenir stores. The mall also has a food court and several restaurants that offer Japanese and international cuisine.
Dining in Odaiba
Odaiba is a food lover’s paradise, with plenty of options to satisfy your taste buds. Here are some of the best dining options in Odaiba:
1. Aqua City Odaiba
Aqua City Odaiba is a shopping mall with a wide variety of restaurants. From Japanese to Italian cuisine, there are plenty of options to choose from. One of the most popular restaurants in the mall is the Genki Sushi, which serves delicious sushi at reasonable prices.
2. Decks Tokyo Beach
Decks Tokyo Beach is another shopping mall in Odaiba with a great selection of restaurants. There are several seafood restaurants, including Kakiyasu, which is known for its fresh oysters. For those who prefer meat, there is also a steakhouse called The Steakhouse.
3. Palette Town
Palette Town is a large entertainment complex that includes a shopping mall, a car museum, and several restaurants. One of the most popular restaurants in Palette Town is the Rainbow Trout restaurant, which serves delicious fish dishes.
4. Odaiba Takoyaki Museum
The Odaiba Takoyaki Museum is a must-visit for anyone who loves takoyaki. The museum features several stalls that serve different varieties of takoyaki, including the traditional Osaka-style takoyaki and the Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki.
Accommodations in Odaiba
Odaiba has a variety of accommodations to suit different budgets and preferences. Here are some options:
Odaiba has many hotels with great views of Tokyo Bay. Here are some popular options:
- Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba – a luxury hotel with spacious rooms and stunning views of the bay.
- Hilton Tokyo Odaiba – a modern hotel with a rooftop pool and easy access to Odaiba’s attractions.
- The Tokyo Station Hotel – a historic hotel located in nearby Tokyo Station, with easy access to Odaiba via public transportation.
For budget-conscious travelers, capsule hotels are a unique and affordable option. Here are some capsule hotels in Odaiba:
- Nine hours Odaiba – a capsule hotel with a futuristic design and convenient location near Odaiba’s attractions.
- THE PRIME POD GINZA TOKYO – a capsule hotel with a sleek design and amenities like a sauna and massage chairs.