If you’re looking for a thrilling adventure in Tokyo, look no further than Joypolis. This indoor amusement park offers a wide range of rides and attractions, and yes. It does sit high on our mega list of the 14 best theme parks in Tokyo . With something for everyone, Joypolis is the perfect place to spend a day with family or friends.
Located in odaiba Jooypilis one of the largest indoor amusement parks in Japan. It’s inside DECKS Tokyo Beach and is an indoor facility that can be enjoyed even on rainy days.
One of the main draws of Joypolis is its impressive selection of rides. From roller coasters to virtual reality experiences, there’s no shortage of excitement to be had. Some of the most popular rides include the Halfpipe Tokyo, a snowboarding simulator, and the Wild River, a water ride that takes you on a thrilling journey through rapids and waterfalls. With so many options to choose from, visitors are sure to find a ride that suits their interests and comfort level.
Before heading to Joypolis, it’s important to know about the ticket options available. There are several different packages to choose from, including one-day passes and annual memberships. It’s also worth noting that some rides require an additional fee.
With so much to see and do, it’s easy to spend an entire day at Joypolis and still not experience everything the park has to offer.
Attractions and Rides
Joypolis Tokyo offers a wide range of attractions and rides for visitors of all ages. Here are some of the most popular:
- Halfpipe Tokyo: a thrilling snowboarding simulation that takes riders through twists, turns, and jumps on a halfpipe.
- Wild River: a water ride that takes visitors on a raft through a jungle-themed course, complete with waterfalls and rapids.
- Storm G: a roller coaster that reaches speeds of up to 80km/h and includes inversions and drops.
- Trans Am 2: a racing simulator that lets riders experience the thrill of driving a high-performance car on a virtual track.
In addition to these rides, Joypolis Tokyo also has several virtual reality experiences, including:
- VR Maze: a virtual reality maze that challenges visitors to find their way out while avoiding obstacles and dead ends.
- VR Horror Hospital: a terrifying virtual reality experience that takes visitors through a haunted hospital filled with ghosts and other supernatural beings.
- VR Zone Portal: a virtual reality experience that lets visitors explore different worlds and environments, from underwater reefs to outer space.
Overall, Joypolis Tokyo offers a wide range of attractions and rides that are sure to provide visitors with a fun and exciting experience. Whether you’re a thrill-seeker or just looking for a fun day out with the family, Joypolis Tokyo has something for everyone.
Joypolis Tokyo offers a variety of ticket options to suit your needs. The standard admission fee is ¥800 per person, which grants access to the park and a few attractions. However, we recommend purchasing a Passport ticket, which costs ¥4,500 and includes unlimited access to all attractions for a full day.
If you’re traveling in a group, you may be eligible for a group discount. Groups of 10 or more people can receive a discount of ¥200 per person on Passport tickets. Please note that group tickets must be purchased in advance.
For those who want to skip the lines, Joypolis Tokyo offers a Fast Pass option. With a Fast Pass, you can skip the regular lines for attractions and access them through a separate entrance. Fast Passes are available for ¥1,000 per person, in addition to the admission fee or Passport ticket.
It’s important to note that some attractions have height restrictions, and children under 3 years old are not permitted on certain rides. Please check the official website for more information before purchasing your tickets.
Reviews and Recommendations
Joypolis Tokyo is an amusement park that has something for everyone. The park has a variety of rides, attractions, and games that are sure to entertain visitors of all ages.
Many visitors have praised the park for its cleanliness, friendly staff, and well-maintained rides. The park is also known for its thrilling attractions, such as the Halfpipe Tokyo and the Wild River. Visitors have described these rides as heart-stopping and exhilarating.
One of the most popular attractions at Joypolis Tokyo is the Initial D: Arcade Stage. This ride is based on the popular anime and manga series and allows visitors to experience the thrill of street racing. Visitors have described this ride as a must-see for fans of the series.
When it comes to tickets, visitors have recommended purchasing the Passport ticket. This ticket allows visitors to enjoy all the rides and attractions in the park without any additional charges. Visitors have also recommended purchasing the tickets online to avoid long queues at the park.
Food and Dining
When it comes to food and dining options, Joypolis Tokyo has got you covered with a variety of restaurants and cafes to choose from. Here are some of the options available:
- Sega Joypolis Cafe: Located on the first floor, this cafe offers a variety of snacks and drinks such as popcorn, ice cream, and soft drinks.
- D-Lounge: This restaurant is located on the second floor and offers a variety of Japanese and Western dishes, including burgers, pasta, and salads.
- Sega Collabo Cafe: This cafe, located on the third floor, offers a unique dining experience with themed food and drinks based on popular Sega games.
Additionally, Joypolis Tokyo has a food court located on the third floor, where you can find a variety of fast food options such as KFC, McDonald’s, and Taco Bell.
It’s important to note that prices at these dining options can be a bit higher than what you would find outside of the amusement park. However, the convenience of having food options readily available within the park can make it worth it for some visitors.
If you’re looking for souvenirs or gifts to take home, Joypolis has a variety of shops to choose from. Here are some of the shops you can find:
- Sega World Shop: This shop offers a wide range of Sega-related merchandise, including plush toys, t-shirts, and keychains.
- Joypolis Shop: This shop sells Joypolis-branded items, such as t-shirts, mugs, and stationery.
- Game Goods Shop: This shop has a selection of merchandise based on popular games, such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Hatsune Miku.
- Photo Shop: Here, you can purchase photos taken at various attractions within Joypolis.
Prices for items in the shops can vary, so be sure to check the tags before making a purchase. Some items may also be limited edition or exclusive to Joypolis, so keep an eye out for those.
If you’re looking for snacks or drinks, there are also several food stands throughout the park that offer a variety of treats.
History of Joypolis Tokyo
Joypolis Tokyo is an indoor amusement park located in the Decks Tokyo Beach shopping mall in Odaiba, Tokyo. The park is owned and operated by SEGA, a Japanese video game company. Joypolis Tokyo opened its doors to the public on July 20, 1996, and has since become one of the most popular attractions in Tokyo.
The park was designed to be a futuristic entertainment center, with cutting-edge technology and interactive attractions. It features a variety of rides, games, and simulations, including roller coasters, virtual reality experiences, and arcade games. Joypolis Tokyo is also home to several restaurants and cafes, as well as a gift shop where visitors can purchase souvenirs and merchandise.
Over the years, Joypolis Tokyo has undergone several renovations and updates to keep up with changing technologies and trends. In 2013, the park underwent a major renovation, which included the addition of new attractions and a redesign of the entrance and lobby. Today, Joypolis Tokyo continues to be a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, offering a unique and exciting entertainment experience.
Tips for Visitors
Visiting Joypolis Tokyo can be a thrilling experience, but it can also be overwhelming for first-timers. Here are some tips to help you make the most out of your visit:
- Arrive early to avoid long lines. Joypolis Tokyo can get very crowded, especially during weekends and holidays.
- Check the height requirements before getting in line. Most of the attractions have a minimum height requirement, so make sure you meet them before waiting in line.
- If the weather is good also head to Odaiba Seaside Park for some suinand sand.
- Download the Joypolis Tokyo app. The app provides information on wait times, attraction descriptions, and maps of the facility.
- Bring cash or a credit card. Some of the attractions require additional fees, and the food and souvenir shops only accept cash or credit card.
- Take advantage of the fast pass. The fast pass allows you to skip the line on some of the most popular attractions. It can be purchased at the entrance or through the app.
- Visit on a weekday if possible. Joypolis Tokyo is less crowded during weekdays, which means shorter lines and less waiting time.
|Name (English)||Joypolis Tokyo|
|Address||1-6-1 Daiba, Minato City, Tokyo 135-0091, Japan|
|Ticket Cost||Passport Ticket: Adult – ¥4,500, Child – ¥3,500; Night Passport: Adult – ¥3,500, Child – ¥2,500|
|Times||10:00 AM – 9:00 PM (Last entry at 8:00 PM)|
|Nearby Luxury Hotels||1. Hilton Tokyo Odaiba (0.6 km)|
|2. Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba (0.7 km)|
|Nearby Mid-range Hotels||1. Daiichi Hotel Tokyo Seafort (2.2 km)|
|2. Tokyo Bay Ariake Washington Hotel (3.3 km)|
|Nearby Budget Hotels||1. Sotetsu Fresa Inn Tokyo-Toyocho (4.9 km)|
|2. Hotel Trusty Tokyo Bayside (3.1 km)|