Immerse yourself in the soothing sounds of wind chimes from all over Japan at the Nishiarai Daishi Wind Chime Festival, held from July 15 to July 30, 2023. This vibrant event, taking place in the Adachi ward of Tokyo, promises an enchanting experience of summer tranquility.
The Melody of Wind Chimes at Nishiarai Daishi
At the Nishiarai Daishi Wind Chime Festival, a wide variety of wind chimes will serenade attendees with their refreshing notes. Among the attractions are the exclusive “Peony Wind Chimes”, Edo-style wind chimes, ceramic wind chimes from Kutani and Arita ware, Nanbu Iron wind chimes, and those adorned with bamboo crafts and balls. Character-shaped wind chimes will also charm visitors with their unique appeal.
All wind chimes will be available for purchase during the festival. However, the number of chimes will decrease as the event progresses. If you plan to buy, it’s recommended to visit earlier in the event to secure your desired chime.
The festival offers a unique opportunity to seek out the coolness created by the chimes’ melodies in the midsummer heat.
- Name: Nishiarai Daishi Wind Chime Festival
- Schedule: July 15 (Saturday) to July 30 (Sunday), 2023
- Time: 10:00 to 16:00
- Location: Nishiarai Daishi (Gochizan Henjo-in Sojiji Temple) [Map: Google Map]
- Address: 1-15-1 Nishiarai, Adachi-ku, Tokyo
For those seeking a unique Japanese summer experience, the Nishiarai Daishi Wind Chime Festival offers an opportunity to enjoy the calming sounds of various wind chimes while exploring the beautiful surroundings of the temple. Whether you’re a local or a tourist, this event is a delightful journey into Japanese culture and tradition.
A Quick Note On The Japan Rail Pass Price Hike
The price of the wonderful Japan Rail Pass is going up a massive 62% in October but there’s still time to lock in the old rates if you’re quick. Klook still offers the old prices so if you buy before September 30th you can travel with the old prices until December 28th, 2023.
Directions to Nishiarai Daishi
Navigating to Nishiarai Daishi for the Wind Chime Festival is relatively straightforward, whether you’re coming by train or car.
The closest train station to the temple is Nishiarai Station, served by the Tobu Skytree Line. From the station, the temple is just a short 10-minute walk away. Here’s a brief guide on reaching Nishiarai Station from major hubs in Tokyo:
- From Tokyo Station: Take the JR Yamanote Line to Ueno Station, then switch to the Tobu Skytree Line towards Tobu-Dobutsu-Koen. Alight at Nishiarai Station. The entire journey should take around 30 minutes.
- From Shinjuku Station: Take the JR Saikyo Line to Akabane Station, then switch to the Tobu Skytree Line towards Tobu-Dobutsu-Koen. Alight at Nishiarai Station. This journey should take around 40 minutes.
If you’re driving, the temple’s address for your GPS is 1-15-1 Nishiarai, Adachi-ku, Tokyo. Please note that parking in the vicinity might be limited due to the festival’s popularity, so public transportation is recommended if possible.