The Komae Tamagawa Fireworks Festival is set to fire up again on August 9, 2023. Hosted on the riverbanks of the Tama River in Komae City, Tokyo, this mid-size Hanabi provides a refreshing retreat from the summer heat as the skies light up over the Tamagawa.
What To Expect
The Komae Tamagawa Fireworks Festival is a special event held irregularly with the aim of offering locals a relaxing escape from the city’s hustle and bustle. The last event, held in 2019, saw a mesmerizing display of approximately 5,000 fireworks launched over a span of 50 minutes, with the Starmines taking center stage. The grand finale was the “Hanabi Illusion,” a captivating synchronized display of music and fireworks.
Paid Seating and Food Stalls
Spectators can enjoy the fireworks show from two separate locations divided by the Tamagawa: the Komae side and the Noborito side. Reserved seating options are available for those who prefer a more relaxed viewing experience. Additionally, food stalls are set to line the riverbanks on the Komae side, adding to the festive atmosphere.
Weather Dependent: No Rain Date
Please note that in case of inclement weather such as rain or strong winds, the festival will be canceled for the year without a rain date.
Event Details At a Glance
- Name: Komae Tamagawa Fireworks Festival
- Date: August 9, 2023 (Wednesday)
- Time: 19:30 – 20:20
- Location: Tamagawa Green Park Grand
- Address: Inokawa, Komae City, Tokyo
- Weather Conditions: If adverse (rainy or windy), the event will be canceled without a reschedule.
Access to the Festival
- To access the Komae side venue: 4-minute walk from Izumi-Tamagawa Station (Odakyu Line)
- To access the Kawasaki side venue: 5-minute walk from Noborito Station (Odakyu Line or JR Nanbu Line)
The Sum Up
For further updates and details on the festival, refer to the official Komae Tamagawa Fireworks Festival website. Experience a unique August evening in Tokyo at the beautiful Tamagawa, filled with sparkling lights and festive fun.