Spicey food lovers rejoice because from August 25th to October 2nd, 2023, Tokyo’s Okubo Park in the lively Shinjuku Kabukicho area will be hosting its inaugural Shigeki & Umakara FES (Thrills & Spice FES).
What To Expect
The festival will feature an astonishing 65 renowned stalls, all bringing to the table their most tantalizingly spicy menus. And when we say renowned, we mean some big hitters in Tokyo’s culinary scene.
Spotlighted at the event are places like the Italian gourmet’s favorite LA BETTOLA, the top-ranked Tonkatsu joint Tonkatsu Narikura from Tabelog, the Michelin-starred Tempura Miyashiro, and the ever-popular tsukemen spot Iida Shoten. A special booth dedicated to popular recipes crafted by food lover Remi Hirano is also a can’t-miss!
Each stall operates on a rotating basis, with some being present for as short as two days and others for a whole week, ensuring a fresh culinary experience with every visit.
Featured Stalls & Chefs
- LA BETTOLA da Ochiai with chef Ochiai Tsutomu
- Infinite Hiro’s maestro, chef Yamada Hiromi
- Tabelog’s nationwide top-rated Iida Shoten and Tonkatsu Narikura
- Michelin-star awarded sushi place from Roppongi, Sushi Yoshii
- The 40-year-old Chinese culinary legend, China Restaurant
- The unique fusion of Eel dishes and French at Unagi Tokitou in Azabu-Juban
- The Michelin-starred for four consecutive years, Tempura Miyashiro
- Highly-rated on Google Reviews, Meat Polish Nagayama
- A special collaborative stall between the elusive Asakusa’s Udon Chou and Michelin three-starred Japanese Cuisine Yamazaki
- A booth presenting popular recipes from culinary enthusiast Remi Hirano
- Name: Meiji Probio Yogurt LG21 presents Spice & Thrill FES – A Feast of Top Chefs’ Dreams
- Dates: August 25th (Fri) – October 2nd (Mon), 2023
- Time: 11:00am – 9:00pm
- Location: Okubo Park, Shinjuku Kabukicho [Map: Google Map]
- Address: 2-43, Kabukicho, Shinjuku, Tokyo
- Entry: Free (Meal tickets available in increments of 400 yen)
- Note: The event will proceed in light rain. However, it might get canceled during extreme weather conditions.
How to Get There
- Just a 3-minute walk from the Seibu Shinjuku Line’s Seibu Shinjuku Station.
- An 8-minute walk from the JR Shinjuku Station.
For more details and updates, do visit the official Umakara FES website. Dive into a world of flavors and let your taste buds dance in delight