The remains of a bridge at the lowest point (the first one from Sumida River) over the Yamaya moat, which is now culverted.
The Yamatani moat originated from the Otonashi River, which runs through present-day Kita Ward, and passed under Oji-gongen, on the north side of Asukayama.
Until the Senju Bridge was built in 1594, the old Oshu Highway passed through this bridge, and it was an important transportation point. It was also famous as the gateway to Yoshiwara.
After the bridge was reclaimed, not much remains are usually left, but here, the pillars and parapets remain, and the bridge is a good reminder of those days.
|Name||ImadoBashi Bridge Ruins|
|Address||Near Asakusa 7-chome, Taito-ku, Tokyo|
10 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line