Sanrio Puroland is a theme park located in Tama New Town, Tokyo, and a dream destination for fans of Hello Kitty and other adorable Sanrio characters. The park features a range of attractions, including rides, shows, and interactive exhibits, all centered around Sanrio’s beloved cast of characters.
- The indoor theme park, perfect for all weather conditions
- Explore themed zones like Lady Kitty House, My Melody’s drive, and Kiki & Lala’s Cloud House
- Advance tickets save money and time, prices are around ¥3,300 for adults, ¥2,500 for children (ages 3-17)
- Enjoy seasonal events and limited-time attractions
- Taste Sanrio-themed food and drinks at themed cafes and food stands
- Take photos with beloved characters during meet-and-greet sessions
- Shop exclusive merchandise at Puroland’s various stores
- Located in Tama, Tokyo, easily accessible via public transportation
A trip to Puroland is a must for anyone who loves hello Kitty or cute and quirky theme parks. The park offers a unique blend of Japanese pop culture and family-friendly entertainment that is sure to delight visitors of all ages.
Whether you’re a fan of Hello Kitty, My Melody, or any of the other Sanrio characters, you’ll find plenty to enjoy at this colorful and whimsical park.
This ultimate guide to visiting Sanrio Puroland Tokyo will cover everything you need to know to plan your visit. From the best time to visit, how to save big buy pre-purchasing your tickets, and more tips for getting the most out of your trip to meet Hello Kitty and the gang
Ticketing and Admission
Sanrio Puroland is a popular attraction in Tokyo, so it’s important to plan ahead and purchase tickets in advance to avoid long lines and sold-out dates. Here are some things to keep in mind when purchasing your tickets:
- There are different ticket options available, including one-day passes and holiday passports. The holiday passport allows access on weekends, public holidays, and other Puroland holiday dates.
- Children under the age of 3 are admitted for free.
- It’s recommended to purchase tickets online in advance to save time and ensure availability.
- Some travel packages may include admission to Sanrio Puroland, so be sure to check with your travel agent or package provider.
The basic admission prices for the park are as follows:
|Ticket Type||At-Door Price (JPY)||Prepaid Price Via Klook (JPY)|
|1-Day Pass for Adults||3,300||2,500 (Book Now)|
|1-Day Pass for Children||2,500||2,000 (Book Now)|
|Afternoon Pass for Adults||2,700||2,000 (Book Now)|
|Afternoon Pass for Children||2,200||1,700 (Book Now)|
How to Buy The Cheapest Tickets
Booking your tickets through Klook can alow you to save big time. Klook offers discounted tickets, allowing you to enjoy the park without overspending.
The booking process on Klook’s website is straightforward, with open-date booking and instant confirmation, making it easy and flexible to plan your trip. As you save on tickets, you’ll have extra funds for souvenirs, themed snacks, and other experiences in the park.
To book your Sanrio Puroland Tokyo tickets at a discounted price, visit Klook’s ticket page here.
Sanrio Puroland is a theme park filled with cute and colorful attractions and shows that cater to people of all ages. Here are some of the must-see attractions and shows:
Kiki & Lala Twinkling Tour
Embark on a magical boat ride through the enchanting world of Little Twin Stars, Kiki and Lala. Glide past glittering stars, rainbows, and other dreamy scenes as you discover their celestial home.
My Melody & Kuromi Mymeroad Drive
Hop into a cute car and enjoy an adventure with My Melody and her rival, Kuromi. Drive through a colorful world filled with flowers, hearts, and charming details that bring these beloved characters to life.
Lady Kitty House
Step into Hello Kitty’s elegant mansion and explore her world of fashion, beauty, and art. Snap photos in stylish rooms, see Hello Kitty’s favorite outfits, and even get a glimpse of her luxurious bedroom.
Immerse yourself in the lazy and carefree world of Gudetama, the popular egg yolk character. Enjoy interactive exhibits, themed games, and a unique Gudetama photo opportunity.
Kiki & Lala’s Cloud House
Visit the dreamy Cloud House of Kiki and Lala, where you can explore their whimsical rooms and take part in fun activities, like drawing on the “Wish Upon a Star Wall.”
At the heart of Sanrio Puroland, Puro Village is a lively hub that hosts live shows, character meet-and-greet sessions, and seasonal events. Take a break and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
Shows & Rides
There are also plenty of cute shows. Note that they are constantly changing. Here’s what was on offer during our last trip there.
Kawaii Kabuki is a unique theatrical show that combines traditional Japanese Kabuki theater with the charming world of Sanrio characters. This innovative performance at features Hello Kitty, My Melody, and other beloved characters, as they take on classic Kabuki roles in a colorful and entertaining show.
Blending the elegance and drama of Kabuki with the cuteness of Sanrio, Kawaii Kabuki offers an unforgettable cultural experience for visitors of all ages. The show combines elements of dance, music, and storytelling, showcasing the talents of the performers and the timeless appeal of Sanrio characters.
Miracle Gift Parade
Witness a dazzling parade featuring your favorite Sanrio characters, as they celebrate with music, dancing, and stunning costumes. The Miracle Gift Parade is a feast for the eyes and a highlight of any visit to Puroland.
Hello Kitty in Wonderland
Join Hello Kitty on a whimsical journey through Wonderland in this musical stage show. Meet familiar faces from the classic tale, like the Cheshire Cat and the White Rabbit, as Hello Kitty helps bring peace to this fantastical world.
My Melody & Kuromi Musical
Watch My Melody and Kuromi come to life in this entertaining musical that showcases their unique personalities and friendship. Sing along to catchy tunes and enjoy the colorful costumes and lively performances.
Sanrio Character Boat Ride
Board a boat and sail through the world of Sanrio characters, as you encounter Hello Kitty, My Melody, and many more. With vibrant scenes and cheerful music, this gentle ride is perfect for visitors of all ages.
Map and Layout
The theme park is spread across multiple floors, featuring various themed zones, attractions, and dining options. The layout is designed to take visitors on a journey through the world of Sanrio characters.
Upon entering the park, you’ll find the entrance area, which includes the ticketing booth and an information center. As you proceed, you’ll come across the central hub, known as the Puro Village. This area often hosts live shows and character meet-and-greet sessions.
From the Puro Village, you can access different themed zones, each dedicated to popular Sanrio characters. These zones are home to various attractions, such as rides, character houses, and interactive experiences. Some notable zones include Lady Kitty House, Kiki & Lala’s Cloud House, and My Melody’s drive.
Throughout the park, there are several dining options, ranging from themed cafes to food courts, where you can enjoy Sanrio character-inspired meals and treats. Additionally, you’ll find multiple merchandise stores selling exclusive Sanrio Puroland souvenirs and gifts.
The layout is designed to be easy to navigate, with clear signage and maps available to help visitors find their way around the park.
Food and Dining Options
Sanrio Puroland offers food and dining options to suit every taste and budget. You can enjoy a range of Japanese and Western-style dishes, as well as snacks and desserts.
One of the most popular dining options is the Character Food Court, where you can enjoy dishes inspired by Sanrio characters such as Hello Kitty, My Melody, and Cinnamoroll.
The food court offers a range of dishes such as curry, pasta, and rice bowls, as well as desserts like parfaits and cakes. You can also purchase character-themed bento boxes and snacks.
For those looking for a more upscale dining experience, the Sanrio Rainbow World Restaurant offers a buffet-style meal with Japanese and Western dishes. The restaurant has a colorful and playful decor, with Sanrio characters adorning the walls and furniture.
In addition to the dining options within the park, you can also find a range of food and snack stalls throughout the park. These stalls offer snacks such as popcorn, cotton candy, and ice cream, as well as drinks like soda and tea.
Here’s a list of the places to eat within the theme park
- Restaurant Yakata: This buffet-style restaurant offers a variety of dishes, including Japanese, Western, and Chinese cuisines. The interior is decorated with Sanrio characters, making it a delightful dining experience for fans.
- Sanrio Rainbow World Restaurant: Enjoy a character-themed dining experience with a selection of colorful dishes, desserts, and beverages. This café is decorated with vibrant colors and Sanrio characters, providing an Instagram-worthy setting.
- Character Food Court: This casual dining area offers a variety of quick meals, such as burgers, fries, and Japanese curry. The food items are often presented with cute character designs, making them appealing to both kids and adults.
- Cinnamoroll Dream Café: Visit this café dedicated to the popular character Cinnamoroll. The menu includes themed dishes, desserts, and drinks inspired by Cinnamoroll and his friends.
- My Melody & Kuromi Mymeroad Drive: This drive-thru themed café features menu items based on My Melody and her rival, Kuromi. Expect adorable food presentations and a unique, immersive experience.
- Kiki & Lala Café: A café dedicated to the Little Twin Stars, Kiki & Lala, offering a selection of cute, themed dishes, desserts, and beverages.
- Puro Village Food Factory: This spot offers snacks and light meals, including Sanrio character-shaped steamed buns, ice cream, and other treats.
- Sweets Paradise Collaboration Café: A collaboration with the all-you-can-eat sweets buffet chain, Sweets Paradise, offering a variety of desserts, including cakes, puddings, and parfaits, all featuring Sanrio characters.
Overall, Sanrio Puroland offers a range of food and dining options to suit every taste and budget. While they won’t be receiving any Michelin stars the food is tasty, fun, and if you are lucky to come served in the shape of your favorite Sanrio Character!
Shopping at Sanrio Puroland
Sanrio Puroland offers shopping options for visitors to take home souvenirs and merchandise featuring their favorite Sanrio characters. Here are some of the top shopping experiences to check out:
- Character Street: Located on the first floor, this shopping area features a wide selection of Sanrio character merchandise, including plush toys, stationery, clothing, and accessories.
- Sanrio Vivitix: This shop offers a range of high-quality Sanrio goods, including limited-edition items and collaborations with popular brands.
- Puroland Gift: This store features Sanrio-themed snacks and sweets, as well as unique gifts and souvenirs.
You can also find exclusive merchandise at various attractions throughout the park, such as the Hello Kitty ride and the My Melody and Kuromi Mymeroad Drive. Additionally, the park offers seasonal and limited-time merchandise, so be sure to check out the latest offerings during your visit.
Note that prices for merchandise at Sanrio Puroland can be higher than at other retailers due to the exclusivity of the items. However, you can also find some affordable options, such as small keychains and stickers.
Shopping at Sanrio Puroland is a fun and unique experience for fans of Sanrio characters. You can take home a piece of the magic and memories from their visit to the park.
Tips for Visiting Sanrio Puroland
Sanrio Puroland is a popular destination in Tokyo, especially for fans of Hello Kitty and other Sanrio characters. Here are some tips to help make your visit:
- Buy your tickets in advance: To avoid long lines at the ticket counter, it’s recommended to purchase your tickets in advance. You can buy them online through the official Sanrio Puroland website or through third-party ticket sellers.
- Arrive early: Sanrio Puroland can get crowded, especially during weekends and holidays. To make the most of your visit, it’s best to arrive early in the day when the park opens.
- Avoid the school holidays: If you can try to avoid school holidays when they can get really full. Also, pick a weekday over the weekend if you are able to.
By following these tips, you can have a fun and memorable visit to Sanrio Puroland. Enjoy the cuteness overload!
Getting to Sanrio Puroland
Sanrio Puroland in Tama City, which is an easy 30 minutes from Shinjuku Station in Tokyo on the Chou Line.
To get to the park, take the Keio Line Express bound for Hashimoto from Shinjuku Station and get off at Keio Tama Center Station (approx. 29 minutes), or take the Tama Monorail from Tachikawa and get off at Tama Center Station (approx. 23 minutes). It is about a 5-minute walk from Tama Center Station on the Keio Line, Odakyu Line, and Tama Monorail.
Parking is available at the Sanrio Puroland Underground Parking Lot, the Tama Center Community Parking Lot, and other paid parking lots.
Where To Stay Near Sanrio Puroland?
If you are looking for hotels near Sanrio Puroland there are several great options nearby to consider. Here are a few recommendations:
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tama: This hotel is located within walking distance of Sanrio Puroland and offers comfortable rooms, multiple dining options, and convenient access to public transportation.
- Tama Central Hotel: A budget-friendly option near Tama Center Station, providing easy access to both Sanrio Puroland and central Tokyo via the Keio Line and Odakyu Line.
- Smile Hotel Tokyo Tamanagayama: Another affordable choice located near Tama-Nagayama Station, offering basic amenities and easy access to public transportation.
- Hotel Nikko Tachikawa Tokyo: A more upscale option in Tachikawa, approximately 7 km from Sanrio Puroland. It’s well-connected by train and offers comfortable rooms, multiple dining options, and other amenities.
- Toyoko Inn Tokyo Tachikawa-eki Kita-guchi: A budget-friendly business hotel located near Tachikawa Station, offering basic amenities and easy access to Sanrio Puroland via train.
While these hotels are close to Sanrio Puroland, you can also consider staying in the central Tokyo area, as the park is easily accessible by public transportation. Major areas like Shinjuku, Shibuya, or Ikebukuro offer a wide variety of accommodations, from budget hostels to luxury hotels, and provide a great base for exploring the city.
The Sum Up
Sanrio Puroland is an excellent destination for anyone who loves Sanrio characters and Japanese pop culture. With a wide range of attractions, shows, and activities, you can easily spend an entire day exploring the park and enjoying all it has to offer.
Some of the highlights of Sanrio Puroland include the Hello Kitty-themed boat ride, the chance to meet and greet your favorite Sanrio characters, and the various shows and performances that take place throughout the day. Additionally, the park offers a range of dining options and souvenir shops where you can purchase unique Sanrio merchandise.
Overall, Sanrio Puroland should be on your to-do list for anyone who loves Sanrio characters and Japanese pop culture. With its wide range of attractions, shows, and activities, visitors are sure to have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
|Park Name||Sanrio Puro Land
|Park Address||1-31 Ochiai, Tama City, Tokyo|
|Official site||Sanrio Puroland|