From October 7th to November 10th, 2023, Tokyo’s Kita Ward is set to dazzle with the enchanting blooms of Kyu-Furukawa Gardens during its Autumn Rose Festival.
Kyu-Furukawa Gardens: A Tokyo Gem
Kyu-Furukawa Gardens is a unique space where Tokyo merges the old with the new. Visitors can indulge in the romance of a western-style garden brimming with roses, revel in the classic ambience of a Taisho-era western mansion, and find serenity in the ageless beauty of a traditional Japanese garden.
As the cool embrace of autumn graces Tokyo, the gardens put on a remarkable show. Boasting 100 varieties and nearly 200 rose plants, the vibrant hues and intoxicating fragrances are a dream come true for any nature lover. If you can’t make it during the peak bloom, the roses promise to charm visitors till the early days of December.
Events and Highlights
The Autumn Rose Festival ensures that your visit is much more than just a visual treat:
- Autumn Rose Concerts: Delight in melodies that harmonize perfectly with the scenic beauty.
- Rose Fragrance Tour: Engage your olfactory senses and immerse in the various aromatic profiles of roses.
- Garden Guides: Join curated tours to delve deeper into the tales and intricacies of Kyu-Furukawa Gardens.
To top it off, treat yourself to a refreshing rose-infused gelato or perhaps take home a potted rose, letting the memories of the festival linger on.
Nestled amidst roses in full bloom, Kyu-Furukawa Gardens invites you to experience elegance and tranquillity in the heart of Tokyo.
A Quick Note On The Japan Rail Pass Price Hike
The price of the wonderful Japan Rail Pass is going up a massive 62% in October but there’s still time to lock in the old rates if you’re quick. Klook still offers the old prices so if you buy before September 30th you can travel with the old prices until December 28th, 2023.
- Name: Kyu-Furukawa Gardens Autumn Rose Festival 2023
- Date: October 7th (Sat) – November 10th (Fri), 2023
- Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (Entry closes at 4:30 pm)
- Venue: Kyu-Furukawa Gardens [GoogleMap link]
- Address: 1-27-39 Nishigahara, Kita Ward, Tokyo
- Admission Fees:
- General: ¥150
- Seniors (65 and above): ¥70
- Note: Entry is free for children below elementary school age and middle school students living or studying in Tokyo.
- Nearest Stations:
- JR Keihin-Tohoku Line – “Kaminakazato Station”: 7 minutes on foot
- Tokyo Metro Nanboku Line – “Nishigahara Station”: 7 minutes on foot
- JR Yamanote Line – “Komagome Station”: 12 minutes on foot
The Sum Up
Come and witness the mesmerizing beauty of autumn roses at Kyu-Furukawa Gardens. It’s a floral celebration you wouldn’t want to miss!