This is the second oldest surviving building in the Senso-ji precincts after Nitenmon Gate and Rokkakudo, and was built in the same period as the shrine pavilions of Asakusa Shrine.
When it was first built, it was located to the north of Kannon Hall and was called Kita Yakushi (North Yakushi).
In 1649, the third Shogun, Tokugawa Iemitsu, rebuilt it at the foot of the moat bridge northwest of the Kannondō Hall and named it Hashimoto Yakushido. The main deity is a seated statue of Yakushi Nyorai.
|Hours||Open all day|
|Closed||Open all year round|
|Fee||Admission is free.|
|Address||2-3-1 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo (in the precincts of Senso-ji Temple)|
3 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station on the Ginza Line,ToeiAsakusa Line andTobu Isesaki Line
About 10 minutes on foot from Asakusa Station on the Tsukuba Express Line