Toyama Park was once the feudal lord’s garden for the Tokugawa family of the Mito Domain. It is known as a cherry blossom viewing and autumn foliage viewing spot.
The park is divided into two areas, the Okubo area and the Hakoneyama area. The Hakoneyama area of Toyama Park includes Mt. Hakone, which rises 44.6 meters and is the highest mountain in the 23 wards of Tokyo.
Hakone is the highest mountain in the 23 wards of Tokyo. Many cherry trees are planted near Hakoneyama and it is known as a cherry blossom viewing spot.
Many tourists visit during Yabusame (horseback archery) on Sports Day and during the autumn foliage season.
The area is also famous as a haunted spot with several urban legends spreading.
The park has a lot of nature, with many shady trees, making it a relatively comfortable place to spend time even on hot summer days.
The park has a children’s playground, a jogging course, and a water playground.
Toyama Park Information
|Hours||not subject (to)|
|Closed||not subject (to)|
|Address||2-3 Toyama, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo|
How To Get To Toyama Park
- A short walk from Nishiwaseda Station on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line.
- Or It is a 10-minute walk from Takadanobaba Station and Shin-Okubo Station on the Yamanote Line,Tozai Line, andSeibu Shinjuku Line.
- 5-minute walk from Nishi Waseda Station and Higashi-Shinjuku Station on the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line.
Things To Do Near Toyama Park
- 1km > Mizuinari Shrine: Touch the fox’s body before touching your own for divine pain relief
- 1.1km > Kansen-en Park: Circular garden with a spring-fed pond and waterfalls,
- 1.1km > Ana Hachimangu shrine: Shrine dedicated to Hachiman known for horseback archery displays
Toyama Park Facilities
|Playground equipment||Slide, athletic playground equipment, tunnel playground equipment, swings, iron bars, swing equipment, leg strength equipment, arm strength equipment, stretching equipment|
|Facilities and equipment||Jogging course|
|Athletic playground equipment||Slides||Tunnel playground equipment|
|Iron bars||Swing equipment||Swing sets|
|Stretching equipment (forward bending table)||Arm strength equipment (wooden parallel bars)||Leg strength equipment|
|Jogging track||Yakudo square||Nobi Nobi Hiroba|
|Ikoi no Hiroba||Sports Center||Park Information Board|
Image Credit: Tokyo Navi via tokyo-park.net archive