Tokyo City View in Roppongi Hills offers one of the best views in town. With a bit more sophistication than the fun and cool Shibuya sky and more style than the giant Tokyo sky tree, a trip to City View makes a great start to a night on the town or can be combined with many of the nearby attractions within the Roppongi hills complex.
This is no doubt one of the best observation decks in Tokyo with new stylish amenities and great views either from inside the observation room or up on the external Tokyo City View Sky Deck which is an additional charge but well worth it.
- Tokyo City View is an observation deck on the 52nd floor of the Mori Tower in Roppongi Hills.
- has a with a 360-degree glass wall that creates a sense of openness.
- You can view Tokyo’s famous landmarks such as the Tokyo Sky Tree, Tokyo Tower, Rainbow Bridge, and Tokyo Gate Bridge,
- Tokyo City View is adjacent to the Mori Art Museum.
- Other popular observation decks in Tokyo include Tokyo Tower, Tokyo Skytree, and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.
Tokyo City View is an observation facility in the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, one of the most iconic landmarks in Tokyo. It features two observation decks, an indoor deck and an outdoor Sky Deck, that offer breathtaking views of the city skyline and beyond.
The indoor observation deck is situated 250 meters above sea level and gives you a 360-degree panoramic view of Tokyo. You can enjoy the view from the floor-to-ceiling windows and take in the sights of famous landmarks such as Tokyo Tower, Odaiba, and Mount Fuji in the distance. The deck also features a cafe where you can enjoy a cup of coffee or a light snack while admiring the view.
The Sky Deck is an outdoor observation deck 270 meters above sea level. It is the highest open-air observation deck in Tokyo and offers a unique and exhilarating experience.
You can feel the breeze and take in the unobstructed views of the city and beyond.
The Sky Deck is open from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and is closed during bad weather conditions.
In addition to the observation decks, Tokyo City View also features various exhibitions and events throughout the year.
You can learn about the history and culture of Tokyo through the exhibitions and enjoy various events such as concerts and performances. The facility also offers an Annual Passport that lets you enjoy unlimited visits to the observation decks and exhibitions throughout the year.
Overall, Tokyo City View should be on your to do-list for anyone visiting Tokyo. It offers a memorable experience that lets you see Tokyo in a whole new way.
Tokyo City View is an observation facility in the Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, one of Tokyo’s tallest buildings. It features two observation decks that provide stunning views of the city.
- The indoor observation deck is 250 meters above sea level and offers a 360-degree view of Tokyo’s skyline. You can see landmarks such as Tokyo Tower, Odaiba, Haneda, Ebisu, Yokohama, and Mount Fuji.
- The Sky Deck outdoor observation deck is 270 meters above sea level and gives you a breathtaking view of the city from above. You can enjoy the open-air experience and see Tokyo from a unique perspective.
The observation decks are equipped with high-powered telescopes that allow visitors to zoom in on specific areas of the city.
The indoor observation deck also features a cafe where you can relax and enjoy refreshments while taking in the view. The cafe offers drinks and snacks, including coffee, tea, and pastries.
Overall, the observation decks at Tokyo City View provide a memorable experience those looking to see Tokyo’s stunning skyline from a unique perspective.
In addition to the observation deck, Tokyo City View also features various exhibitions and events. One of the most popular exhibitions is the Sky Gallery, which showcases contemporary art and photography from both Japanese and international artists. You can also enjoy a virtual reality experience that allows them to explore Tokyo’s cityscape in a unique way.
For those interested in Japanese culture, Tokyo City View offers a traditional tea ceremony experience. You can learn about the history and significance of the ceremony and enjoy a cup of matcha tea while taking in the stunning view of Tokyo.
Finally, Tokyo City View is home to the Mori Art Museum, which features a wide range of contemporary art exhibitions. The museum has a collection of over 5,000 works of art, including paintings, sculptures, and installations. You can purchase a combined ticket for both the observatory and the museum, making it a great option for art lovers.
The deck is on the 52nd floor of the Mori Tower, which is part of the Roppongi Hills complex in Minato ward and easy to get to. You can take the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line or Toei Subway Oedo Line to Roppongi Station, which has a direct connection to Roppongi Hills and the Mori Tower.
Once you arrive at Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, you can jump on the elevator and wizz up to the 52nd floor to reach Tokyo City View.
You can also enjoy the nearby attractions of Roppongi Hills, including shopping, dining, and entertainment.
Shopping and Dining
Aside from the breathtaking view, Tokyo City View also has shops and restaurants to explore. The Mori Art Museum Shop offers a selection of art books, unique souvenirs, and gifts, while the Sky Gallery has a rotating exhibition of contemporary art.
For dining options, there are several restaurants to choose from. The Sky Restaurant 634 is a French restaurant that offers a panoramic view of Tokyo from 634 meters above sea level. The menu features dishes made with fresh seasonal ingredients.
If you’re in the mood for Japanese cuisine, try Hinokizaka. This restaurant offers a traditional Japanese dining experience with a modern twist. The menu features dishes made with seasonal ingredients, including sushi, tempura, and grilled dishes.
For a more casual dining experience, head to the Cafe & Bar Kuma. This cafe offers drinks and light meals, including sandwiches, salads, and desserts. The cafe also has a terrace where you can enjoy a drink while taking in the stunning view of Tokyo.
Tips for Visiting Tokyo City View
Tokyo City View is a popular attraction in Tokyo that offers sweeping views of the city from a high altitude. Here are some tips to make the most out of your visit:
- Go on a clear day: The best time to visit Tokyo City View is on a clear day when the visibility is high. You’ll be able to see Mount Fuji in the distance and enjoy the stunning skyline of Tokyo.
- Visit during sunset: One of the best times to visit Tokyo City View is during sunset.
- Buy tickets in advance: Tokyo City View can get crowded, especially during peak season, so it’s best to buy your tickets in advance to avoid waiting in long lines.
- Consider the Sky Deck: For an even more breathtaking view, consider visiting the Sky Deck. This open-air observation deck is on the rooftop and offers a 360-degree view of the city.
- Check for special events: Tokyo City View often hosts special events and exhibitions, so be sure to check their website for any upcoming events during your visit.
Overall, Tokyo City View is a must-visit attraction for anyone traveling to Tokyo. With these tips, you’ll be able to make the most out of your visit and enjoy the stunning views of the city.
|Name||Tokyo City View (東京シティビュー)|
|Address||Roppongi Hills Mori Tower, 6-10-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-6150, Japan|
|Ticket Cost||Adults: 1,800 JPY; Seniors (65+): 1,200 JPY; Students: 1,200 JPY; Children (4-15): 600 JPY; Children (0-3): Free|
|Opening Times||Indoor Observation Deck: 10:00 – 22:00 (Last admission 21:30); Sky Deck: 11:00 – 20:00 (Last admission 19:30)|
|Luxury||The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo – 0.6 km|
|Grand Hyatt Tokyo – 0.4 km|
|Mid-range||Candeo Hotels Tokyo Roppongi – 0.5 km|
|Hotel Asia Center of Japan – 1.2 km|
|Budget||ICI HOTEL Akasaka by RELIEF – 1.0 km|
|Hotel Risveglio Akasaka – 1.1 km|