Kagehisa Toyama Hayatonosho, a feudal lord of the Odawara Hojo clan and the lord of Edo Castle, invited the second-generation Kichijoji priest to be the founder of the temple.
The temple is a Zen sect temple.
Information Shōunji Temple ikebukuro
|Name||Shōunji Temple Temple|
|Address||3-1-6 Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo|
How To Get To Shōunji Temple ikebukuro
- Get off at West Exit of Ikebukuro Station (R), go straight for 800m toward Kaname-cho, and it is on the right.
- From underground exit C1, go straight 400m to the right.
- Tokyo Metro Kanamecho Station, Exit No. 5, go straight for 150m and turn left.
- Exit at Kita-Ikebukuro Exit from Metropolitan Expressway Route 5, turn left onto Yamate Dori Street and go straight for 1 km.
- Turn left at Kaname-cho intersection. 150m on the left.
- From Metropolitan Expressway, Route 5 Exit, exit at Takamatsu Exit, go straight for 200m, turn left at Kaname-cho Intersection, turn left 150m, and it is on the left.
- By Kokusai Kogyo Bus, get off at Ikebukuro 2-chome Shounji-mae.