Sekiguchi Bashoan was originally built by the famous Haiku Poet Matsuo Basho, who lived here for three years when he was engaged in the construction of a weir for the Kanda Waterworks.
How To Get To Sekiguchi Bashoan
- 8 minutes walk from Edogawabashi Station on Yurakucho Line
- Or 15 minutes walk from Edogawabashi Station (Exit 1A) on Rakurakucho Line
- Or 10 minutes walk from Waseda Station on Toden Arakawa Line
- 100m > Eiseibunko: Weapons and artifacts from the Hosokawa family are on display.
- 200m > Higo Hosokawa Garden: Selected as one of the 100 best historical gardens in Japan.
- 400m > St. Mary’s Cathedral: Futuristic cathedral designed by Kenzo Tange
Sekiguchi Bashoan Information
|Address||2-11-3 Sekiguchi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo|