Experience the enchanting beauty of Kyoto’s Arashiyama district on the Arashiyama Small-Group Tour. Led by a knowledgeable guide, this immersive tour takes travelers through the iconic bamboo groves, ancient temples, and stunning nature spots that make Arashiyama a must-visit destination.
With a maximum of 7 travelers, this personalized tour ensures an intimate experience. Explore the Otagi Nenbutsu-ji Temple, visit a pottery studio, and discover the spiritual traditions of a Zen temple that has stood for over a millennium.
Let the Arashiyama Small-Group Tour create unforgettable memories in the heart of Kyoto.
- Arashiyama is known for its famous bamboo groves, temples, and stunning nature spots.
- The tour is a small-group tour with a maximum of 7 travelers.
- The highlights of the route include Otagi Nenbutsu-ji Temple, an Edo-period cafe, a pottery studio, and Sagano Bamboo Grove.
- The tour includes a professional guide service, lunch, and each guest is required to bring additional cash for admission tickets.
The tour highlights of the Arashiyama Small-Group Tour include visiting the 1,200 Buddha statues at Otagi Nenbutsu-ji Temple, exploring an Edo-period cafe, and experiencing the beauty of Sagano Bamboo Grove.
Starting with a visit to Otagi Nenbutsu-ji Temple, travelers will be mesmerized by the serene atmosphere as they wander through the temple grounds adorned with countless Buddha statues, each with its own unique expression.
Next, they’ll have the opportunity to step back in time and indulge in the charm of an Edo-period cafe, savoring traditional Japanese treats and seeing the fascinating history of the area.
Finally, the tour culminates with a stroll through the enchanting Sagano Bamboo Grove, where towering bamboo shoots create a mystical atmosphere, transporting visitors to another world.
The combination of bamboo grove exploration and a Zen temple visit ensures an unforgettable experience that showcases the natural and cultural wonders of Arashiyama.
Guests on the Arashiyama Small-Group Tour can enjoy the inclusions, such as professional guide service and lunch, throughout their day exploring the stunning sights of Arashiyama. This tour offers an immersive experience in one of Kyoto’s most picturesque areas, with a carefully curated itinerary that takes you to the must-see attractions.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Professional guide service: A knowledgeable guide will lead the way, providing insights into the history, culture, and significance of each site.
- Lunch: A delicious meal is included, allowing you to refuel and relax amidst the beauty of Arashiyama.
- Admission tickets: Guests are required to bring an additional 5,000 yen in cash for admission tickets to the various sites. This ensures a seamless entry and access to all the attractions.
- Strollers and storage: Strollers will be provided for convenience during the walking portions of the tour. However, they aren’t allowed inside the sites themselves. Don’t worry, though, as each site has a reception desk where strollers can be securely stored.
With these inclusions, the Arashiyama Small-Group Tour promises a memorable and hassle-free exploration of this enchanting part of Kyoto.
Meeting and Pickup Details
The meeting point for the Arashiyama Small-Group Tour is Randen Arashiyama Station Center, where you will gather at 09:00 AM to begin their exploration of this picturesque area.
The tour logistics are well-planned to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for all participants. Transportation options are provided throughout the tour, allowing guests to easily navigate between the various sites and attractions. Strollers will be available for use during the walk from site to site, and can be stored at the reception desk of each location. This ensures that guests can comfortably explore the sights without the hassle of carrying their belongings.
The meeting and pickup details are carefully organized, ensuring that participants know where to gather and when to start the tour. With these efficient arrangements, guests can focus on seeing the beauty of Arashiyama without any worries about logistics or transportation.
If a cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the start time, the amount paid won’t be refunded. This is the refund policy for the Kyoto: Arashiyama Small-Group Tour 2023.
However, the tour also takes into account the possibility of a weather cancellation. Here are some key points to consider regarding the cancellation policy:
- Full refund: You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- No refund for late cancellations: If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid won’t be refunded.
- No changes accepted: Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time won’t be accepted.
- Weather cancellation: This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
It is important to be aware of these policies when planning your tour.
Reviews and Ratings
The tour offers a unique opportunity to explore the enchanting Arashiyama region, known for its picturesque bamboo groves, temples, and breathtaking natural spots. With a maximum group size of 7 travelers, the tour ensures a personalized and intimate experience.
Guests can expect to visit notable sites such as Otagi Nenbutsu-ji Temple with its 1,200 Buddha statues, an Edo-period cafe, a pottery studio, and the famous Sagano Bamboo Grove.
The tour provides a professional guide who’ll navigate through the route, allowing visitors to fully enjoy the sights without worrying about directions.
Important Tips for the Tour
One of the most important tips for the tour is to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. This ensures that everyone is ready to go when the tour begins.
Here are some other important tips to make the most of your Kyoto Arashiyama Small-Group Tour:
- Dress comfortably: The tour involves walking and exploring various sites, so wear comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather.
- What to wear: It’s recommended to dress modestly and respectfully when visiting temples and shrines. Avoid wearing revealing or inappropriate clothing.
- Must try local food: Take the opportunity to try some of the delicious local food in Arashiyama. From traditional Japanese cuisine to street food, there are plenty of options to satisfy your taste buds.
- Bring cash: Some admission tickets require cash payment, so make sure to bring enough cash with you. It’s always a good idea to have some extra money for souvenirs or snacks along the way.
Experience the Beauty of Arashiyama
The small-group tour allows travelers to fully experience the beauty of Arashiyama’s famous bamboo groves, temples, and stunning nature spots. With a maximum of 7 travelers, this tour provides an intimate and immersive exploration of the captivating attractions in Arashiyama.
Highlights of the route include the mesmerizing Sagano Bamboo Grove, where towering bamboo stalks create a serene and picturesque atmosphere. Plus, visitors will have the opportunity to visit Otagi Nenbutsu-ji Temple, home to an impressive collection of 1,200 Buddha statues.
The tour also includes visits to an Edo-period cafe, a pottery studio, and a Zen temple that dates back over 1,000 years. With a knowledgeable guide leading the way, travelers can put away their maps and fully enjoy the natural beauty that Arashiyama has to offer.
Here's some more great Japan experiences nearby that we think you'll like.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Transportation Costs Included in the Tour Price?
Yes, transportation costs are included in the tour price. Guests won’t have to worry about additional expenses for transportation as it is already covered. This allows for a hassle-free and convenient experience.
Can Children Participate in the Tour?
Yes, children can participate in the tour. There are children’s activities and family-friendly attractions included in the itinerary. It’s a great opportunity for families to explore Kyoto together and create lasting memories.
Is There a Dress Code for Visiting the Temples?
There is no specific dress code for visiting temples, but it is important to dress respectfully. Visitors should avoid wearing revealing clothing and opt for conservative attire out of temple etiquette.
Are There Any Age Restrictions for the Tour?
Age restrictions may apply for tour participation. It is advisable to check with the tour organizer for specific age requirements. Enjoy the sights and attractions of the tour, making it a memorable experience for everyone.
Can I Bring My Own Lunch Instead of the Provided One?
Yes, guests are allowed to bring their own lunch if they have dietary restrictions or prefer to have a picnic. It’s a convenient option for those who want to enjoy their preferred meal during the tour.
The Sum Up
Embark on the Arashiyama Small-Group Tour and uncover the hidden gems of Kyoto’s Arashiyama district. With its personalized and intimate experience, this tour promises an unforgettable journey through the beauty and charm of Arashiyama.
With a knowledgeable guide leading the way, you’ll explore ancient temples, stroll through breathtaking bamboo groves, visit a pottery studio, and Enjoy the unique cultural heritage of this enchanting destination.
Don’t miss the opportunity to discover the rare and captivating sights of Kyoto on this immersive small-group tour.