Hokkaido, Japan’s northernmost island, boasts breathtaking natural landscapes and vibrant flower blossoms. Explore the highlights of a tour that combines the beauty of Hokkaido’s countryside with visits to the famous Asahiyama Zoo and the picturesque Blue Pond, known as Aoi-ike in Japanese.
With positive feedback from previous participants, this tour promises an unforgettable experience. Please note that the schedule may change due to unforeseen circumstances, and English-speaking staff will be present.
Book this trip on the Viator website or contact their customer service for more information.
- The tour covers major popular spots of Hokkaido and includes visits to flower blossom locations, the Blue Pond, and Asahiyama Zoo.
- Summer is a recommended time to visit Hokkaido as the weather is pleasant and allows for better exploration of outdoor attractions.
- The trip has received positive reviews and previous travelers have had a good time, mentioning highlights such as the Blue Pond, Asahiyama Zoo, and Farm Tomita.
- The trip details, including the itinerary and terms and conditions, can be found on the Viator website.
Exploring the Colorful Flower Blossoms of Hokkaido
Explorers can enjoy the vibrant beauty of Hokkaido’s colorful flower blossoms during the tour. The captivating gardens of Hokkaido offer a breathtaking display of nature’s wonders.
Visitors will be greeted by sweeping hillsides covered in carpets of colorful flowers, creating a picturesque scene that’s sure to leave a lasting impression. The scenic landscapes of Hokkaido provide the perfect backdrop for these stunning flower blossoms. From vibrant tulips to delicate cherry blossoms, there’s a wide variety of flowers to admire.
The tour takes travelers to popular flower blossom locations, allowing them to fully experience the beauty and tranquility of these gardens. Whether it’s strolling through fields of lavender or marveling at the vibrant colors of the flower beds, Hokkaido’s flower blossoms are a sight to behold.
Discovering the Captivating Asahiyama Zoo
Explore the captivating Asahiyama Zoo and experience a variety of animal encounters. The zoo, located in Asahikawa, Hokkaido, is known for its innovative and interactive exhibits that provide a unique and up-close experience with the animals. From the popular Penguin Parade, where visitors can witness the adorable penguins waddling right in front of them, to the Polar Bear Tank, where visitors can see polar bears swimming underwater, there are plenty of opportunities for animal enthusiasts to get an intimate glimpse of these fascinating creatures. The zoo also offers feeding sessions and shows, allowing visitors to learn more about the animals and their behaviors. With its commitment to conservation and education, the Asahiyama Zoo provides a memorable and educational experience for all ages.
|Penguin Parade||Up-close encounter with penguins|
|Polar Bear Tank||Watching polar bears swim underwater|
|Feeding Sessions||Learn about animals’ feeding habits|
|Educational Shows||Insight into animal behaviors|
The Enchanting Beauty of the Blue Pond (Aoi-Ike)
During the summer season, travelers can experience the enchanting beauty of the Blue Pond (Aoi-Ike) on the Hokkaido Highlights of Flower Blossom, Asahiyama Zoo & Blue Pond tour.
The Blue Pond, located in Biei, Hokkaido, is renowned for its captivating landscapes and photography opportunities. The pond gets its name from its mesmerizing blue hue, which is a result of natural minerals in the water. Surrounded by lush greenery and trees, the Blue Pond offers a tranquil and serene atmosphere.
The vibrant colors of the pond, combined with the reflection of the surrounding landscape, create a picturesque setting that’s perfect for capturing stunning photographs. Visitors can stroll along the walking path that encircles the pond, allowing them to fully enjoy the enchanting beauty of this natural wonder.
Must-See Attractions in Hokkaido’s Flower Blossom Season
Travelers can explore a variety of must-see attractions in Hokkaido’s flower blossom season, including vibrant gardens and picturesque landscapes.
One of the best flower fields to visit is Farm Tomita, located in Furano. Here, visitors can witness the stunning sight of endless rows of colorful flowers, such as lavender, poppies, and sunflowers.
Another hidden gem is Shikisai-no-Oka, a flower park in Biei. This expansive park is filled with a vast array of flowers, creating a breathtaking display of colors and fragrances.
Plus, Daisetsuzan National Park offers magnificent views of alpine flowers, including the iconic Ezo-murasaki.
For those looking to escape the crowds, the Higashimokoto Shibazakura Park showcases a stunning carpet of pink moss phlox.
Hokkaido’s flower blossom season is a feast for the senses, with these attractions providing unforgettable experiences for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
A Day of Adventure at Asahiyama Zoo
Asahiyama Zoo offers a day of adventure with its diverse range of animals and interactive exhibits. Visitors can expect an unforgettable experience surrounded by fascinating wildlife and engaging activities.
Here are four highlights of the Asahiyama Zoo experience:
- Animal Encounters: Get up close and personal with a variety of animals, including polar bears, penguins, and red pandas. Watch them in their natural habitats and learn about their behaviors and conservation efforts.
- Penguin Parade: Witness the famous penguin parade, where adorable penguins waddle through the zoo grounds. It’s a unique opportunity to see these charming creatures up close and even snap some memorable photos.
- Animal Feedings: Don’t miss the scheduled feedings where you can observe the zookeepers interact with the animals. From feeding the seals to watching the polar bears catch their fish, these feedings offer an educational and entertaining experience.
- Interactive Exhibits: Engage in interactive exhibits like the glass tunnel that allows you to walk beneath swimming seals. You can also try your hand at feeding the animals in designated areas, providing an immersive and hands-on experience.
Enjoy the Tranquility of the Blue Pond
Visitors can truly enjoy the tranquility of the Blue Pond, as they take in the serene beauty of its vibrant blue waters and surrounding lush greenery. Located in Biei, Hokkaido, the Blue Pond is a popular tourist attraction known for its stunning natural scenery.
The vivid blue color of the water is caused by the presence of natural minerals, creating a mesmerizing sight that’s perfect for photography enthusiasts. The area surrounding the pond offers several hiking trails, allowing visitors to explore the picturesque landscape and enjoy breathtaking views.
Whether it’s capturing the beauty of the Blue Pond through photography or simply taking a leisurely stroll in nature, a visit to the Blue Pond promises a peaceful and rejuvenating experience.
Unforgettable Moments at Hokkaido’s Flower Blossom, Asahiyama Zoo, and Blue Pond
Guests on the Hokkaido Highlights tour can cherish the unforgettable moments of seeing the stunning flower blossom, exploring Asahiyama Zoo, and capturing the mesmerizing beauty of the Blue Pond. Here are four captivating experiences they can look forward to:
- Walking through fields of vibrant flowers: Picture yourself strolling amidst colorful carpets of blooms, breathing in the fragrant air, and marveling at the natural beauty that surrounds you.
- Interacting with wildlife at Asahiyama Zoo: Prepare to be enchanted as you observe adorable penguins waddling, playful polar bears swimming, and majestic snow leopards prowling. The zoo offers a unique opportunity to get up close with a variety of fascinating animals.
- Gazing at the enchanting Blue Pond: Imagine standing before a tranquil body of water, its surface reflecting the surrounding trees and the sky above. The striking blue hue, caused by natural minerals, creates a scene that seems straight out of a fairytale.
- Capturing breathtaking photos: Whether it’s the delicate petals of a cherry blossom or the vibrant feathers of a flamingo, the Hokkaido Highlights tour provides ample opportunities to capture stunning images that will forever remind you of the natural beauty of Hokkaido.
These experiences promise to create lasting memories for anyone fortunate enough to embark on this journey.
Here's some more great Japan experiences nearby that we think you'll like.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Time of Year to Visit Hokkaido for Flower Blossoms?
The best time of year to visit Hokkaido for flower blossoms is during the summer season. The trip offers a recommended itinerary for a flower blossom tour in Hokkaido, showcasing the best flower viewing spots in the region.
Are There Any Language Barriers on the Tour? Is English Spoken by the Staff?
Language barriers are not a concern on the tour as staff who can speak English (simple) and Japanese will accompany participants. They provide language support to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.
Is Lunch Included in the Tour Package or Is It at the Participant’s Own Expense?
Lunch options on the tour are at the participant’s own expense. Participants can choose from various dining options based on their preferences and dietary restrictions.
What Is the Cancellation Policy for the Tour? Can I Get a Refund if I Need to Cancel?
The cancellation policy for the tour allows for a full refund if canceled at least 24 hours before the start time. No refund will be given for cancellations made less than 24 hours in advance.
How Long Has Viator Been Organizing Trips and Tours?
Viator has been organizing trips and tours since 1997. They have a long history of providing quality experiences and have gained a reputation for high customer satisfaction.
The Sum Up
To sum it up, a visit to Hokkaido’s flower blossoms, Asahiyama Zoo, and the Blue Pond offers a captivating and unforgettable experience.
With its stunning natural landscapes and vibrant attractions, Hokkaido truly showcases the beauty of Japan.
Whether you’re exploring the colorful flower blossoms, discovering the captivating zoo, or enjoying the enchanting beauty of the Blue Pond, this tour is sure to leave you with unforgettable moments and a deeper appreciation for Hokkaido’s wonders.