The Globe Tokyo is a theatre in Shinjuku that was built to promote Shakespeare’s works, and the building was modeled after the Globe Theatre in London, where Shakespeare was active.
After closing temporarily, the theater is now known as the Panasonic Globe Theater and now hosts not only Shakespeare’s works but also straight plays, musicals, movies, dance and a wide variety of other performances.
Globe Theater Tokyo Information
|Name||Tokyo Globe Theatre|
Panasonic Globe Theate
|Hours||Depends on the performance|
|Fee||Depends on the performance|
|Address||3-1-2 Hyakunincho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo|
|Telephone||Inquiries about the rental of the museum 03-3360-3540|
Other general inquiries 03-3366-4020
How To Get To The Globe Theater
- 6 minutes on foot from Shin-Okubo Station ( Yamanote Line)
- Or 9 minutes on foot from Okubo Station ( Chuo Line )
Things To Do Near The Globe Theater
- 0.5km Toyama Park – The park used to be a daimyo’s garden for the Tokugawa family of the Mito Domain and is known as a cherry blossom and autumn foliage viewing spot.
- 1.1km: Shinjuku Koma Theater – The theater that is the center of Kabukicho
- 1.2km Kabukicho: A lively district crowded with pubs, restaurants, and adult entertainment establishments