Get ready for five days of frothy fun at Roppongi Hills from September 14th to 18th, 2023. The Belgian Beer Weekend Roppongi 2023 is a festival of top-notch Belgian beer, authentic cuisine, and lively music – all the way from Belgium and in its 13th year in Japan.
From Toyosu to Roppongi: A Belgian Beer Journey
Starting in Toyosu, Tokyo, in April, the Belgian Beer Weekend has traveled to Nagoya, Yokohama, Osaka, and Shinjuku, and now Roppongi is up next. Six venues across the country have been graced by this premium beer fest.
Beer Heaven: More Than Just Your Average Pint
Expect to find a wide selection of Belgian beers at the event, including favorites among beer connoisseurs like Trappist beers and IPAs. But even if beer is not your usual go-to drink, you’ll find something to enjoy in the selection of fruit beers and white beers on offer.
Belgian Delights: More Than Just Beer
Of course, what’s a beer fest without some grub to soak up the suds? Classic Belgian snacks like “frites” (fried potatoes) and Belgian shrimp croquettes will also be on the menu. These Belgian beer partners are the perfect accompaniment for your glass of the golden brew.
Event Details: The Lowdown
- Name: Belgian Beer Weekend 2023 Roppongi
- Dates: September 14th (Thursday) to 18th (Monday, a public holiday), 2023
- Venue: Roppongi Hills Arena
- Address: 6-10-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Admission: Free (cost of food and drink is separate)
- Weather: The event will be held rain or shine
- Access: Directly connected to Exit 1C of Roppongi Station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line, 4 minutes walk from Exit 3 of Roppongi Station on the Toei Subway Oedo Line, 5 minutes walk from Exit 7 of Azabu-Juban Station on the Toei Subway Oedo Line
Starter Sets and Extra Coins
While admission to the Belgian Beer Weekend is free, it’s recommended to purchase a pre-sale ticket (date-specified ticket) in advance. A “starter set,” which includes an original glass and ten coins for food and drinks, is priced at 3,300 yen (pre-sale) and 3,500 yen (on the day).
The beer is poured into the original glass included in the starter set. Additional coins are sold in sets of four for 1,000 yen. The glass can be taken home and brought back to the venue throughout the festival period for endless Belgian Beer Weekend fun with just the purchase of additional coins.
The Sum Up
Why not spend a memorable weekend indulging in the rich flavors of Belgian beer at the Belgian Beer Weekend 2023 Roppongi?